Athletic & Workout Hats
Now viewing 5 products based on filter selections.
Buy Sports Caps Online
Whether you're a golfer, runner or skier, or you just enjoy the comfort and protection a cap offers, you know the importance of choosing the right sports cap for your needs. Sports caps keep you cool throughout your workout, control your hair and protect your head from outdoor elements. At Schuylkill Valley Sports, we provide a wide selection of men's, women's and youth caps, visors and other headwear designed to keep your head comfortable in all types of athletic activities.
Types of Sports Caps
There are several types of caps that provide you with different functions. Choosing the cap that's right for you and your level of activity allows you to stay cool, dry and comfortable throughout your day without worrying about your hat. Types of headwear that Schuylkill Valley Sports offers include:
- Ball caps: Standard baseball caps are known for their round crown and stiff, rounded brim. They are typically made of cotton and are made to be either adjustable or fitted. Ball caps perform a variety of functions. They can be worn while playing baseball or golf, performing everyday outdoor activities such as gardening or mowing, or as a fashion accessory.
- Snapbacks: Snapbacks are similar to ball caps but feature a broad, flat brim rather than a pre-shaped rounded one. They also have an adjustable snap on the back of the cap, allowing them to fit nearly any head size, and have a stiffer shape than traditional ball caps. Snapbacks are more often used as a fashion accessory but can also be worn for a variety of athletic activities.
- Running caps: Running caps look similar to ball caps but are made with flexibility and moisture wicking in mind for all-day sweat protection. They are usually made from polyester and feature mesh to increase ventilation. These can be worn while working out, running or performing other sweat-inducing activities.
- Visors: Visors are designed with an open top for increased ventilation, which keeps your head feeling cool. Getting a visor versus a baseball or running cap is primarily a matter of personal preference, but visors do offer more breathability than caps. The open top of a visor allows sweat to evaporate more naturally and makes your body feel cooler.
- Beanies: Beanies offer superior head warmth in cold climates. They are worn during cold-weather sports such as sledding, skiing or snowboarding but can also be useful during everyday tasks such as snow shoveling. Beanies are often made from acrylic or wool. These hats trap heat and do not often provide moisture wicking.
- Headbands: Headbands provide warmth in cold weather similar to beanies, but they add coverage for the neck and ears. These are perfect for layering under snow gear for added warmth and protection.
Schuylkill Valley Sports offers a selection of both cold and warm-weather caps and headwear at a reasonable cost. We feature name brands such as Under Armour, Nike, adidas, and North Face so you can always find what you're looking for in the latest sportswear. Shop online today or visit us in store to find your perfect fit in headwear. Free shipping on orders over $75!