Boys' Running Shoes
Now viewing 14 products based on filter selections.
Buy Boys’ Running Shoes Online at Schuylkill Valley Sports
Every boy who runs deserves the right type of shoe. At Schuylkill Valley Sports, our passion is bringing you the best boys’ running shoes for your needs. Browse our selection of running shoes from brands you trust, including Nike and Under Armour. You’re sure to find the right running shoes for the boy in your life.
What to Look for in a Great Boys’ Running Shoe
When buying any kind of boys’ running shoe, you should consider several things:
- The weight of the shoe. Most boys’ running shoes are designed to be very lightweight. This helps keep the runner from feeling bogged down.
- The support of the shoe. Boys’ running shoes are made to support the foot properly, but some may have additional support for boys with especially low or high arches.
- The type of cushioning. You want your boys’ running shoes to be cushioned properly. Cushioning for runner shoes is different than cushioning for cross-trainers. Running shoes are cushioned specifically to keep the feet, ankles and knees safe during the pounding of forward motion. Cross-training shoes should be used for other sports that involve lateral movements and pivoting motions.
- The type of materials. Take some time and look over the variety of materials used in boys’ running shoes. Each material has its own advantages, such as superior breathability.
- The style of the running shoe. Just as with casual shoes, every boys’ running shoe has its own style. This helps you determine which will be the most appropriate for your boy. One word of note: You may want to check with the running coach if a certain color is preferred for track meets to keep the team cohesive.
Buy your boy’s running shoes online with us today, and enjoy free shipping on all orders that total $75 or more.
How Often Should You Buy New Boys’ Running Shoes?
One of the biggest questions on most runners’ minds is how often they need to purchase new running shoes. It’s important to consider, because a running shoe that is past its prime can lead to overuse injuries affecting the foot, joints and muscles. In general, most runners suggest switching running shoes when they have about 300-400 miles on them. However, this is only a guideline.
A smart rule of thumb is to go by feel. Most runners notice when their running shoes start to feel like they are no longer giving support. At this point, the running shoe soles are starting to break down. While the running shoes can still be worn for casual purposes, they are no longer appropriate for training or competitive running. Many customers of Schuylkill Valley Sports opt to buy two pairs of boys’ running shoes at the same time, so they have a fresh pair on hand as soon as the older pair stops performing at optimum levels.
To talk to one of our team members about boys’ running shoes or any of the items we offer, please call us at -877-711-8100.