Baseball & Softball Batting Gloves
Now viewing 4 products based on filter selections.
Buy Batting Gloves Online
Whether you play T-ball, softball or baseball, buying the correct batting gloves is an essential step in improving your time at bat. With so many size, material and style options available, it can seem overwhelming to choose the right kind of glove for you. But taking time to identify key features to look for in your next pair of batting gloves ensures that you're at your peak performance the next time you're up to bat.
Features To Look For in Batting Gloves
Professional baseball and softball players tend to wear gloves featuring similar characteristics that help them perform their best. These features will help you improve your accuracy and grip:
- Lightweight material — Bulkiness slows you down and adds an awkward grip when trying to hold the bat. Look for lightweight gloves that provide the greatest finger agility.
- Padding — Added padding in the palm and fingers ensures maximum protection from impact and absorbs vibration.
- Breathability — Moisture-wicking properties allow you to focus on your swing without your hands feeling sweaty or sticky. Fabric such as Under Armour's HeatGear technology is designed to keep your hands cool and dry even in the hottest weather conditions.
- Durability — You don't want to have to buy new gloves season after season. Finding gloves with durable material saves you time and money in the long run.
- Material — Batting gloves are made of either leather or synthetic materials. Leather often allows a more natural feel and better grip, while synthetic gloves offer greater flexibility and breathability. Consider your top priorities when deciding on a material for your gloves.
Batting Glove Sizing
Size is one of the most important factors when choosing batting gloves. If your gloves don't fit correctly, it can be uncomfortable to hold and swing the bat. Batting gloves come with set sizing specifications, so you never need to guess what size your gloves should be.
To measure your dominant hand length, begin at the lowest part or base of your palm then measure up to the top of the middle finger. The number of inches will correspond to one of the sizes below.
Remember to purchase the correct gloves for your sport. A softball glove will fit the curves of a woman's hand better than a man's baseball glove, so even gloves with the same inch range will provide different levels of comfort.
|XS||N/A||6.25 to 6.5 inches||Under 6.75 inches|
|S||6 to 6.25 inches||6.75 to 7 inches||7 to 7.25 inches|
|M||6.25 to 6.5 inches||6.75 to 7 inches||7 to 7.25 inches|
|L||6.5 to 6.75 inches||7.25 to 7.5 inches||7.5 to 7.75 inches|
|XL||6.75 to 7 inches||7.25 to 7.5 inches||7.5 to 7.75 inches|
|XXL||N/A||7.75 to 8 inches||8 to 8.25 inches|
Finding new batting gloves doesn't have to be a hassle. Schuylkill Valley Sports offers a high-quality selection of name brand gloves such as Easton, Mizuno and Under Armour and a wide variety of men's, women's and youth sizes. Purchase online or visit one of your local stores now to see what the right batting gloves can do to improve your game. Free shipping for any order over $75!