Baseball Batting Helmets
Now viewing 15 products based on filter selections.
Buy Batting Helmets Online at Schuylkill Valley Sports
Baseball batters trust Schuylkill Valley Sports for their batting helmet purchases because they know we’re as passionate about the game as they are. Every batting helmet we offer online and in our store come from trusted brands and are manufactured to the highest quality. You can feel good about buying all your batting helmets from us. You’ll even enjoy free shipping if your total order is at least $50.
How to Choose a Baseball Batting Helmet
Finding the right baseball batting helmet involves taking several factors into consideration:
- Comfort. One of the biggest complaints among baseball batters is that their baseball batting helmets don’t fit properly. While your baseball batting helmet should definitely be snug, it shouldn’t distract you. If you are new to the game, the problem may be that you aren’t accustomed to the way a batting helmet feels. In this case, we recommend wearing it regularly, even when it isn’t necessary, just to get yourself used to it. If it still feels like it just doesn’t fit correctly, you probably need a different size or model.
- Coverage. All batting helmets need to cover your head fully. This includes the top, sides and back of your head, as well as your ears. Some low-quality baseball batting helmets are made without ideal coverage of the ears or sides of the head. This can lead to injuries from errant balls. Remember that concussions can result from improper coverage, so it’s essential to have a state-of-the-art, well-designed batting helmet.
- Movement. When you turn your head from side to side, your batting helmet should turn with you. At no point should your feel like your head is turning, but the batting helmet isn’t. This indicates that your batting helmet is too big and you need to find one that’s a better size for your head.
- Cushioning. The cushioning inside a premium batting helmet will be made of the highest-quality materials, not cheap foam. This cushioning is added for two reasons. First, it makes the batting helmet more comfortable to wear. Secondly, it keeps the batting helmet from moving around. You’ll be happy you have the best cushioning when you get hit by a fast ball, which can and does happen regularly during practices and games.
- Construction. The outside of your batting helmet should be made of high-grade polymer, not a thin layer of plastic. Look for a batting helmet in your size that’s made from state-of-the-art materials.
- Brand. While there are times when it’s okay to go with an off-brand, buying a baseball batting helmet isn’t one of them. You’ll want to get a helmet from a brand name you have heard of before, such as Rawlings, Under Armour or Easton. There’s a reason those companies have been in business for generations.
Choose the Style You Like
If your baseball league doesn’t have a specific batting helmet color they want you to wear, you’ll be able to find several styles of baseball batting helmets at Schuylkill Valley Sports. See which one fits your personality best. Of course, basic black batting helmets are always available at our online store.
Have some questions about the batting helmets you see here? Call us at 1-877-711-8100 to speak with one of our customer service representatives.