Now viewing 14 products based on filter selections.
Buy Lacrosse Sticks Online
To maximize your lacrosse skills, you need a lacrosse stick that can keep up with you on the field rather than get in your way. That's why it's important to know exactly what to look for when buying a lacrosse stick online. Knowing your stick inside and out can maximize its efficiency and provide you with the best possible performance.
If you would like to learn more about how to choose the lacrosse stick that is right for you, read SV Sports' "how to" guide!
There are two main parts of both men's and women's lacrosse sticks:
- The head of the lacrosse stick is used to catch, shoot and pass the ball. It's made of the scoop, the sidewall and the pocket.
- The shaft of the stick is the long handle allowing you full control over the stick's movements.
Buy Lacross Stick Heads
The lacrosse stick's head comes in a variety of shapes, styles and designs. Choosing the right one is vital to improving your game and maintaining control of the ball.
Heads can be narrow or wide, depending on your position and skill level. Wider heads are easier to control for beginners, but a narrower head may better fit your needs based on what position you play.
- Attackers need to score goals quickly, so your stick's head should be narrow to allow for greater versatility and accuracy.
- Defenders need to catch the ball at a moment's notice, so you should look for a wider head for your stick. This allows for easy catching that would be made harder by a narrow head.
- Goalies are allowed the widest head of all. Both men's and women's lacrosse allows you to use sticks with heads measuring 10 to 12 inches.
The sidewall of the head is another essential factor to consider. The sidewall runs along the outside of the head and affects depth and stiffness. Lacrosse sticks come with either stiff or flexible heads.
- Stiff heads allow for better checking, making them a good fit for defensive players.
- Flexible heads are more lightweight and offer superior control over the ball. These heads are best for attackers and midfielders.
Lacrosse Stick Shafts
Because the shaft is the part of the stick you'll be holding throughout your game, it's important to look for a shaft that provides optimum comfort and performance.
Shafts are made out of hollow metal. They can be designed using a variety of materials such as aluminum, titanium and scandium alloys, carbon fiber composite and wood.
The shaft also allows you to grip your lacrosse stick. It will either be coated or have a raised grip pattern to allow you full control over your stick. Choosing a material and grip is a primarily personal preference depending on the material's weight and durability.
Lacrosse Stick Lengths
Men's and women's lacrosse differs on allowed stick lengths for defenders, attackers and midfielders, and goalies.
|Attackers and Midfielders||Defenders||Goalies|
|Men's||40 to 42 inches||52 to 72 inches||40 to 72 inches|
|Women's||35.5 to 43.25 inches||35.5 to 43.25 inches||35.5 to 48 inches|
Order Lacrosse Sticks Online
At Schuylkill Valley Sports, we offer the best in a variety of lacrosse stick options. Buy brands you trust such as Brine, Easton and more today online or in store using our Store Locator. Free shipping on orders over $50!